Last updated: December 16, 2019
Personal and Non-Personal Information We May Collect About You
The way that we use and protect the information you share with us when you use this website depends on whether the information is personal or non-personal information.
Non-personal information. If you visit our website to read information, such as information about one of our products, we may collect certain non-personal information about you from your computer. This information is collected automatically from your computer's web browser and includes information about your internet connection, your IP address, the equipment you use to access our website, usage details, and search queries submitted on our website. Collecting this information helps us improve this website and make the website more useful to you. We may also use this non-personal information for other business purposes, including to create reports for internal use to develop programs, products, services or content, to customize the information or services that are of interest to you, to share it with or sell it to third parties, or provide aggregated information on how visitors use our site, such as "traffic statistics" and "response rates," to third parties. We do not respond to “do-not-track” signals or other mechanisms that allow users to signal their preferences on the collection of their personal information over time and across third-party websites or online services. This website does not monitor for, or adjust, any use as the result of “do-not-track” signals.
Cookies. We also may use persistent cookies to collect information on our website. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Persistent cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with us, a cookie helps LDI to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same LDI website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this website.
Personal information. Certain activities on our website may require you to provide personal data. For example, we collect this data when you create a user profile, apply for a job, request information on our products or services, communicate with us, purchase a product from us, or engage in other transactions with us. As described below, the personal information we collect typically includes first name, last name, email address, phone number, and address.
The types of personal information that we collect and how it is used can generally be categorized as follows:
- Products and information – Through our websites we may offer items for purchase or information relating to our products and services. With regard to the purchase of products or requests for information on our products or services, we may request that you provide your first and last name, email address, phone number, and physical address (of individual or employer). For purchases, we may also request that you provide payment card or wiring information. We use this information to provide you with the requested products, services, and information, provide you with ongoing service and support, ensure we receive payment (as appropriate), and provide you with information on other products or services that may be of interest to you or your company.
- Transactions – In connection with the sale of products or services, we may collect and process information regarding what products or services you (or your employer) purchased and details relating to that transaction. This information is necessary to ensure that your transaction is processed appropriately, to understand what you and your company have purchased from us historically, and to ensure that we can inform you of other product or services that may be of interest. We may also use this information to ask for your opinion about our products or the products of others.
- Communications – If you choose to correspond with us by email, phone, post, or any other form of communication, we may keep copies of your correspondence and the information contained in it. We may use that information to respond to your request, provide you with information on other products or services, and keep a record of any requests, complaints, or inquiries you may have made. Note: We may contact you periodically by e-mail, mail, or telephone to provide information regarding programs, products, services, and content that may be of interest to you. In addition, some of the features on this website allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we may send you a response via e-mail. The e-mail response or confirmation may include your personal information. We cannot guarantee that our e-mails to you will be secure from unauthorized interception.
- Applications – If you apply for a position with us, we request and use certain personal information necessary for the application process, including name, address, phone number, email address, qualifications, and work history. This information is used to process and evaluate the application, communicate with the applicant, or to fulfill legal or regulatory requirements, if necessary. If you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application. If you apply for a dealer/distributorship or to participate in a partner program, we request and use certain personal information necessary for the application process, including name, address, phone number, email address, business information, trade references and bank references. This information is used to process and evaluate the application, communicate with the applicant, or to fulfill legal or regulatory requirements, if necessary. If you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application.
- Other uses – We use your personal information for recordkeeping and analytical purposes, and to research, develop, and improve programs, products, services, and content. We may also anonymize your personal information to remove any personal identifiers. Once we have anonymized the information, it is non-personal information and we may treat it like other nonpersonal information. We may use your personal information to protect our rights or property, to protect someone's health, safety, or welfare, and to comply with a law or regulation, court order, or other legal process.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose or share your information, including personal information:
- With our subsidiaries and affiliated companies, companies with which we have a strategic relationship;
- With other companies that perform work necessary for us to conduct our business and provide you with goods and services, including vendors that provide website related services;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- To a successor, if all or part of our business is sold, merged, dissolved, acquired, reorganized or subject to a similar transaction; and
- As necessary to comply with a subpoena or similar investigative demand, court order, request for cooperation from law enforcement or other governmental agency, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, to protect someone’s safety, or as otherwise required by law.
We take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information you may provide to us. We review and verify our security measures to keep our visitor and customer information secure.
This site contains links to other sites that provide information that we consider to be interesting. LDI is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
This site may provide public discussions on various topics. Please note that any information you post in these discussions will become public. LDI does not agree or disagree with anything posted on the discussion board. Please do not post sensitive information in the public discussions, and remember that you must comply with our other published policies regarding postings on our public forums.
LDI will not intentionally collect any personal information (such as a child’s name or email address) from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
International Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and may share or transfer information between our offices and among our subsidiaries and affiliates. If your information was collected outside the United States, it may be necessary to transfer your information to the United States for processing in order to provide you with requested products and services. You understand and agree that information you provide may be sent to and processed by LDI in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be the same as the data protection laws in your home country. Further, in appropriate circumstances, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission that afford personal data certain protections similar to that afforded by E.U. law.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change your email address, or if any of the other information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at the email address below to update your information. If you are located in certain jurisdictions, you have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you or other rights as set forth in applicable law. We reserve the right to limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access is unreasonably burdensome or expensive under the circumstances or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
California Data Subjects
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights visit the Privacy Notice for California Residents.
European Data Subjects
The E.U.’s General Data Protection Regulation provides E.U. residents with certain rights pertaining to their personal information. Specifically, if you are located in the E.U., you may request information regarding the processing of your personal information, how your personal information was obtained (if you did not provide it directly), who it may have been shared with, and how long it will be retained. Further, you have the right to request your personal information be corrected if it is inaccurate and, in certain circumstances, may ask that it be erased or that further processing be stopped. Finally, subject to certain limitations and when feasible, you may request a copy of your personal information or that it be transferred to another entity. If we deny this request, we will provide any explanation why. Otherwise, to the extent feasible, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data within a reasonable amount of time. For the purposes of the GDPR, we act as the controller with regard to the personal information we collect.
Additional information on your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation is available from the U.K.’s Information Commissioner’s Office. If you are located in the E.U. and have a concern about our processing of your data, you may have the right to make a complaint to the appropriate data protection authority in the E.U.
Please note, as indicated previously, your personal information may be transferred to servers in the United States. We transfer your personal information with your consent, to perform a contract with or obligation to you or your employer, or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms. Because the United States has not received a finding of “adequacy” from the E.U., and except as set forth above, we rely on derogations set forth in Article 49 of the GDPR to transfer your information to the United States.
Data Storage and Retention
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy or our information-handling practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact us by post at: Legal Department 5600 North Highway 169 New Hope MN 55428 Attention: General Counsel